Translate

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Yedlin comes to North London

Right as I started writing again I realized that school was only a few days away, which means I could take another long break from posting on this blog. Hopefully I will have time to write every now and then.


I had to throw this in (Theodore P. Walcott)
Deandre Yedlin, before the World Cup not many people knew him. The Seattle Sounder right back was born and bred in the Emerald City (also home of great coffee). Yedlin was elected to the MLS all star team his first season in the league which was last year, so apparently some people already knew he had talent. He also just featured in the All Star game against Bayern Munich a few days ago. The only thing I really remember about Yedlin before the World Cup was his crazy hair style(s) he used to wear. Then that all changed in Brazil. Yedlin went from being MLS All Star quality to top flight European League quality. He electrified US crowds with fiery pace down the right wing and didn't do too bad defending. Once he got back to the USA rumors were already flying around him. Roma seemed to be the front runner for awhile but just the other day he didn't play for Seattle against Houston, where had he been? The great North London (its just great because of Arsenal by the way).


Dat hair doe (Deandre Yedlin)
Unfortunately he wasn't there for Arsenal, he was there for our cross town rivals, Tottenham. The Spuds, oops Spurs, were rumored for the past week or so to be looking at Yedlin. Yedlin has officially signed with Tottenham but will not join them until the 2015/16 season. I think he will join them as soon as the MLS season is over because as that is phrased "2015/16 season" means next August, which cant be right. But that's the way everyone is saying it, or at least the Daily Mail.

When I was in Seattle earlier this summer I actually got to see Yedlin play against Seattle's biggest rivals: the Portland Timbers. Clint Dempsey also started in that game and scored (Seattle won 2-0). Ever since Yedlin got his first minutes in the World Cup I knew he was a good player, he's been one of my favorites ever since. Now whenever he takes the pitch for the Spuds I'll have to root against him, so I better enjoy his play at Seattle while I can.

Come back and read more in the following days as I hope to post Premier League Predictions and Best and Worst Jerseys for the 2014/15 Season!


No comments:

Post a Comment