Translate

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Best and Worst Jerseys Part 2

The beginning of this blog was going to be very different as of today around noon. Then while devouring a piece of bread saturated with creamy chicken broccoli soup, my friend called me up and was like "yo dog, you want to hit up the Gold Cup Semifinals in Dallas tomorrow". So I thought and thought about it, then I excepted his offer. So later tomorrow I will be traveling to Jerry Jones's stadium in Arlington, Texas to watch the game on the giant High-def screens installed in his stadium. It has a better picture than what is going on in real life. Haha. Anyways, I will be watching both semifinal games in the wonderful stadium. USA vs Honduras and Panama vs Mexico. I am actually more excited to see the Panama vs Mexico game for a few reasons. One is, Panama is my second favorite team in the Gold Cup and the first match between these two teams was a real cracker! Anyways, you came to this blog today for the wonderful second edition of Best and Worst Jersey's part 2. Last year Dortmund's home jersey and Chelsea's away jersey's took home the best jersey's prize, while Man City's away jersey and Barcelona's home jersey were given the titles of worst jersey's. This season it was very hard to pick between the kits. I found way better sources this year, so I had a much, much bigger selection. So if you think you know a jersey that's better or worst, comment please!!!


Liverpool's Crazy 3rd Kit
Liverpool's 3rd kit last season
First off, what is going on with Liverpool's 3rd kits these last two seasons?  What is going on with all their kits besides their home kits?? I mean I'm pretty sure this Warrior company have lost their mind.
 I was not going to have a worst 3rd kit, but Liverpool's is so bad I had to include it!


Oh my gosh, there are so many bad home and away jerseys this year!

Swansea City's Kit (away)
I almost gave Liverpool the award (if you would call it an award) for worst away jersey. But I felt sorry for them and some people say its pretty cool. So I let them off!  It was very hard deciding the worst away jersey because there are so many leagues with so many teams, but I will have to say the good ole Welsh boys Swansea receive the title. Their sponsor may give them bunches of money...but on the jersey, the Chinese writing looks just ugly. I mean Chinese writing, along with Japanese, is sometimes considered as "pretty", but this is just straight up horrible. The main color base on the Swansea jersey does not know whether it wants to be purple or blue. The official word is purple. And the yellow,  is just ugly. LSU's (Louisiana State University's) uniforms which are purple and GOLD look much better. No, not purple and yellow, purple and gold! Come on Swansea, I expected better than this. Honorable mentions, or unhonorable mentions, include: Liverpool, Barcelona, and a few others.

Fulham's Crazy V-Necked Jersey
The worst home jersey was also a hard award to give because this year because there were just so many bad ones. Hey, the home kits also brought some good ones into play too. When you hear who wins this prize you might think why this kit? There were many worse than this. I had to choose this because there is one feature that I cannot get over. Fulham FC wins the award for worst home jersey. It was a close battle, but they edged out. Mostly because of the so called V-neck collar. I can not take it. AC Milan went with a V-neck collar on their away jersey but it looks so much better than this. I like the old fashioned pin stripes on Fulham's previous home jersey, but on this jersey the pin stripes do not make the cut!! Maybe I'm over reacting to the collar. I got some feedback that I over reacted to the home Barcelona Jersey last season, but hey, its the little details that count.
The Dark Knights

Even though I went on and on about how many bad jerseys there were, there are actually some pretty good ones out there too! Just maybe not as many as usually. The away kits were definitely the hardest for both best and worst. Top canidates were AC Milan, Arsenal, Juventus, Tottenham, Derby County, Porto and a few more. But the winner is the team who had the worst away jerseys last season (they must have read my blog).... MANCHESTER CITY! They got rid of that nasty looking red and went with black. The Dark Knights
of Manchester is a name being thrown around out there. And y'all know how much I like the collared jerseys. This one has a fantastic collar. I usually like the brighter jerseys when it comes to soccer jerseys. In other clothes dark looks pretty good to me though. And this jersey is a perfect example of how a blackish gray jersey should look!

The best home jersey was hard too, but not as hard as the best away. AC Milan sent out a great line of kits this year. Home, away, and third kits are all excellent. I had to give them the award for best home jersey. Mostly for 2 reasons. First: with a great line of kits, even if the home isn't the best out of 3 its still good enough. Second: the players just model these good. I think Adidas must look at the players of AC Milan and think, what would look good on them. Not just a cool jersey. The fact that this jersey is so simple also makes it nice. Some home kits lately have been getting way, way too out of hand. Adidas has been trying to tone it down on the home side. Like Bayern Munich's home jersey. Adidas got rid of most of the gold stripes this year on peoples jersey, but luckily they stayed with the gold for Milano. I think if they would have made the stripes black some of the pop from the jersey would not be there anymore. Just like the bad Fulham jersey, little details count to make a jersey super horrible or super great! Mario Balotelli almost even smiled in some of the kit pictures because he knows they are soooooo good this year!!!!

This special edition took lots and lots of work so I hope you share it with all your friends! I want to see it challenge last year's best and worst jersey's article!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the excellent info
    I can see much research has been done on this article.

    I just like Arsenal's colors

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still like the Milan shirt. This stripe is my favorite. Every time new, I will be booked http://www.footballtshirtuk.com/AC-Milan-Shirt.html.

    ReplyDelete