Translate

Friday, August 2, 2013

Jelly Belly or Gatorade?

Firstly, if you like Green Tea at Starbucks, don't get the green tea latte (hot). It tastes like a vegetable, well kind of. I actually like the taste, but most people don't! Just get the Green Tea Iced Latte or the Green Tea Frappacino. 

So every athlete has a routine before their game starting as early as the night before game day. Game Day's are always big! Before every club game that I play in I get my kit ready the night before and make sure I have all my gear. My checklist is big starting from my ball, cleats, and other gear going to drinks, headphones, and so on. What  I left out is energy chews! Yes, energy chews. Every athlete needs to be in top condition to perform and a little boost helps. I've tried the Jelly Belly Energy Beans and Gatorade Energy Chews!

Gatorade Energy Chews are probably the most expensive option out of the two energizers, but I think they work a lot better. Firstly, the whole Gatorade Company focuses on sports, while Jelly Belly makes tasty sweet snacks, so you would probably expect Gatorade to pull out the win here. The chews come in a pack of 6 and are square shaped. All flavors are pretty good in the chews. Last time I checked they had 3 different flavors. The blue color, red color, and pink color. I forget the names, haha! But they were all pretty tasty so flavor is not really a problem. Of course, the jelly belly beans do not have a flavor problem either. Gatorade chews actually feel like you've eaten something and later on in the game you can definitely tell that you have more energy. Jelly Belly's don't have a set amount to eat. On the package it just says eat as many as you need to get full energy and that's it. So its kind of hard to gage how many you need to consume. I tried both of these out and Gatorade definitely wins!! There is one problem with the energy chews though! It says take them 15 minutes prior to event/exercise or very shortly before. I feel like they don't have enough time to start breaking into energy so I usually take them 30 minutes before a game. On some occasions even 45. They seem to work way better.

Gatorade Scores: (1-10)
Energy: 10  Flavor: 8.5   Easiness to understand:  8
Jelly Belly Energy Chews Scores: (1-10)
Energy: 4  Flavor:9.5 Easiness to understand: 5

Ok so in a few days my second "special edition" of this summer will come out. It's going to be about the running shoes that are currently on the market and which are the best to buy or maybe just which might be the best fit for you. So make sure to tune into that! I don't know when it will be released but it should come out in the next 5-7 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment