Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

Bundesliga Predictions

Germany was one of my favorite places on my European Journey this summer and I also love the countries football. Even though the league can be a one team league at times, I still think they play attractive football in Deutschland. Germany has even threatened Spain as dominating football power. I  actually think the German team is better than Spain at the moment and both club teams in the champions league final last season were both from Germany! So not just the wiener schnitzel is good in Germany!

The top 3 were separated from the rest of the league by 10 points last season. Leverkusen were ahead of the fourth place team Schalke 65-55 on points, while Dortmund was just 1 point of ahead of Leverkusen. Then Bayern Munich, getting a little carried away with winning, had 91 points. This year I expect the race for third to be a little closer. The 4-7th place teams last year all had the talent to take third but couldn't do it. I know this might sound crazy to a few, but I think Eintracht Frankfurt will take third. Yes, they just finished 6th last season. Yes, they were just promoted the season before last. Yes, they got thrashed 6-1 in their first Bundesliga game. But I've always liked their style of play the few times I have seen their high lights and they are good on FIFA 13 so yeah. That means E. Frankfurt to third, Bayern Leverkusen to 4th and Schalke all the way to 5th. In second I have to go with the black yellows, Borussia Dortmund. I like Dortmund a lot (which is weird when Bayern Munich is your second favorite team in the world). Last year they didn't even come close to Bayern and they almost fell to third. I don't think they'll get close at all this year either. The reason is that Mario Gotze went to Bayern and Lewandowski is soon probably about to leave the club. If the Polish star leaves the club it would be horrible for all Dortmund fans. He was the soul of the team. So yes, second for Dortmund. Of course, FC Bayern Munchen will win the league title. Their domination last year was outstanding and they won the treble. Champions League, Bundesliga title, and some German Cup (the one equal to the FA Cup I think). Their domination will not last forever but another season is likely. If their new coach infects the ticky-tacky style of play that he used at Barca, I will not be happy, happy, happy. I wont even be one happy.

My next blog will be Premier League Predictions and it will probably be on Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday being the more likely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment