Translate

Monday, August 12, 2013

French Ligue 1 Predictions

Who likes French fries? I mean they're salty, tasty, and go down pretty fast. Just about like the Ligue 1 in France. The play can be a little bad at times, but most of the time its like a lesser Premier League. The players aren't as fast or as strong, but usually its close to premier league style of play and the league is not always a one team league. Last season I predicted the French Ligue 1 totally wrong. I picked Lyon to secure the title. Maybe its just because I liked them a lot, or I liked Hugo Llor
is. Well of course Lloris moved to North London, so he didn't help his home country's team at all. Last season Lyon came in third, so the top spot was really far away.

The battle for fourth last year was very, very intense. So I see that happening again. Lille who finished 6th last year, should jump up to 4th. They've always been an okay team and they've been in the champions league before. So a move up to 4th would not be out of the question. Marseille just finished 4 points above Lyon last season and I don't think they can replicate that again. So Marseille will drop to 3rd. It will be a very close race between third and second next year. Lyon will take second. Even though last season I predicted them totally wrong, I think they will have the extra zap this year to beat out Marseille for 2nd. PSG buys a lot of their players, but they make good choices. Zlatan Ibrahimovic will lead them to another title. What I like about PSG is their attacking force. I always think Lavezzi has had very high talent and the goalkeeper Sirigu is very good. If Gigi Buffon was not in front of him on the Italian National team I think he would be the starter. That's your top 4 for the French Ligue 1.

DAT NOSE
I don't really know the league well enough to predict who will get relegated. There are some notable teams to watch out for this year that might finish higher in the table then you would think. AS Monaco has the cash flowin' so they went quick to buy players after being promoted to the highest French league. They already bought Falcao and they already won their first game. So they could win some big games this year!

We still have two more leagues to predict. The German Bundesliga and the big ole English Premier League, so make sure to come in and read!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment