Translate

Sunday, December 8, 2013

England finally starting to shape up? Maybe not...

Woo, finally back to write again. My club season ended for me a few weeks ago with me scoring 4 goals and my team winning the match 7-2. It was a good way for me, and the team to end the season, after a season that did not really meet our tremendous standards. In the end, it was still a great season and I was happy to go out on a quad trick, I don't know what you call it when you score 4 goals in a game haha. I'm excited because its Christmas time, which is usually when I stalk up on soccer gear. But more on that later, in a later post. 

A big week for football all around the world. Everything ranging from a World Cup Draw, an MLS final, and an interesting weekend in the premier league. As I write this, Fulham is thrashing Aston Villa at the cottage 2-0. Then in North London Arsenal is warming up preparing to take on Everton in what should be a great match. In action that happened yesterday, David Moyes took another bad result at home to Newcastle, losing 1-0. Manchester United needs to get it together real quick if they want even a 1% chance at the title. Yes, I know I predicted Man U to win the title at the beginning of the season, but they aren't helping me out any. I'm scared they'll finish at best 3rd. Other notable matches in England's highest division yesterday included Manchester City continuing their horrible away form and tying Southampton 1-1. Southampton's goal was spectacular from Osvaldo. Chelsea lost to Stoke 3-2 in a pretty exciting match. With so many top teams losing, if the gunners pull out the win today, they will extend their lead at the top.

The World Cup draw took place on Friday and drew some pretty interesting groups. Unfortunately for USA fans, their group is probably one of the worst possible outcomes they could have had. Germany is one of the favorites for the world cup, Portugal doesn't always perform in big stages but they do have Ronaldo, and Ghana has eliminated USA from the past 2 world cups. Expect a World Cup Special issue by at least January about who I think will win, and what interesting things will happen. There is still a long time before Brazil.

The MLS Finals took place last night and I thought even though the game was kind of sloppy, it was very entertaining. It went all the way to penalties and lasted till the 10th kicker. I'm working on an MLS season review. Could come out in a few weeks, or a few days.

Bayern Munich continues to destroy everyone in Germany. Meanwhile I'm about to watch Arsenal beat Everton. Come back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment